Walnuts are hugely beneficial to our wellbeing. Here are the five top benefits of Walnuts:
- The Journal of Nutrition reports that consuming walnuts may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. There has been research into whole walnuts and how they can improve cholesterol levels and markers for inflammation
- Omega-3 plays a part by helping to reduce oxidative stress in the brain, but also by helping to improve brain signalling and neurogenesis, which is the creation of neurons.
- Just a 75g daily serving of walnuts can increase sperm quality, agility and vitality.
- A handful of these nuts can boost vitamin B and E levels that are particularly responsible for boosting your skin health by keeping age related fine lines and wrinkles at bay by soothing the skin.
- According to the researchers at Louisiana State University, consumption of walnuts may be beneficial for digestive health by increasing the amount of good probiotic-type bacteria in the gut.