Food supplement suitable for infants (from birth), children and adults with the following recommendations:
- Can easily be mixed with your child’s favourite foods or drinks.
- Can be taken with formula milk when it is at room temperature, but not when warmed (as heat reduces the viability of natural bacteria).
- For breastfed babies, powder can be applied to nipple or clean finger for baby to suckle.
- Adults & children should ideally drink plenty of water during a course of live cultures.
- Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast.
- Infants from birth to 3 years: 1 sachet per day
- Kids 4 – 12 years: 1 to 2 sachets per day as desired
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers: 1 sachet per day
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Storage: Like the rest of the OptiBac range, ‘For babies & children’ does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Safety: Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor’s care.
Ingredients: Fructooligosaccharides (FOS); Filler: potato starch; Live cultures: Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33, Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71
Each sachet guarantees 3 billion micro-organisms + 0.75g FOS fibres.
Suitable for vegetarian diets.