The delicious flavour is ideal for children.
Beneficial bacteria are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function, and overall oral health.
This unique lozenge format probiotic:
- Guarantee one billion viable organisms of beneficial bacteria* – that are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function and over-all health. (*at time of manufacture) Come in direct contact with the mouth – in order for these beneficial bacteria to implant and be effective, they must come into direct contact with the mouth, teeth, gums and throat. For this reason, each lozenge should be slowly dissolved in the mouth after meals.
- 5 bacterial strains formulated specifically with L. salivarius, to improve oral health – specially chosen for their value to oral health and formulated to the appropriate viable count. Unique raspberry flavoured lozenge format – the delicious flavour makes them easy for children to take.
- Dairy Free – suitable for those with lactose intolerance
- Ideal for travel – refrigeration ensures maximum potency and stability. Super 5 may be left unrefrigerated for short periods of time, making them convenient for holidays or business travel, especially important when traveling to foreign countries to support your beneficial microflora, helping to combat foreign micro-organisms that may be in the food and water.
What are Probiotics?
Probiotics are the beneficial, friendly bacteria that occur throughout the digestive tract. Poor eating habits, chlorinated drinking water, stress and disease and the use of antibiotics in food production as well as in medical treatments can wreak havoc in the gastrointestinal tract by destroying good bacteria and allowing undesirable bacteria to multiply. Why do we need Probiotics? When the ratio of good bacteria to bad is lowered, problems begin to arise such as excessive gas, bloating, intestinal toxicity, constipation and poor absorption of nutrients. Whilst it is true that non-beneficial bacteria are naturally occurring in the intestinal tract problems begin when their growth goes unchecked. Probiotics play an especially important role in keeping in check the pathogenic bacteria that cause disease.
A healthy lower intestine should contain at least 85% friendly bacteria to prevent the over colonisation of disease causing micro organisms like E.coli and Salmonella.
The Super 5:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent microorganisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
- Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid, it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
- Lactobacillus salivarius: found in the mouth and in the small intestine and has been shown to reduce bleeding gums, tooth decay, bad breath and oral thrush.
Super 5 Ingredients:
Each chewable lozenge is guaranteed to contain no less than 1 billion total viable cells (at time of manufacture) of:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: 60%
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: 15%
- Streptococcus thermophilus: 15%
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus: 5%
- Lactobacillus salivarius: 5%
In a base of maltodextrin, Sucanat microcrystalline cellulose, natural raspberry flavour ascorbic acid, citric acid, magnesium stearate and natural colour.
Refrigeration ensures maximum potency & stability. Udos Super 5 probiotics can be left unrefrigerated for short periods of time and may be frozen.