Udo’s for Sports
Whilst Udo’s Oil has long been known for it’s many general health benefits, it has more recently become popular amongst sports men and women to assist them in reaching their full sporting potential.
Good nutrition plays a key role in any sporting field and getting the right “foundation” fats within the body will serve you well in achieving your nutritional goals. Whilst many people supplement their diet with fish oils it is important to remember that such supplements are precisely that – supplements, and provide only about 1 – 5 grams of fat per day. Our total daily intake of fat is often between 75 and 125 grams. It is therefore more important to assess the make up of these “foundation” fats. For optimum cellular performance it is important to ensure that the body gets enough Essential Fatty Acids (the DPA and EPA in Fish Oils are not Essential Fatty Acids), and in the right proportion.
Including Udos Choice Ultimate Oil Blend in your diet plan provides your body with these Essential Fatty Acids in the right proportion (2:1 Omega 3 Alpha-Linolenic Acid : Omega 6 Linoleic Acid).
Report of Research Studies:
2 independent research studies investigating the performance enhancing effect of Udo’s Oil in Elite strength and endurance athletes:
- Increased muscular endurance during strength training.
- Athletes also reported increased cardiovascular endurance and in a few cases, claimed they could run farther, faster and longer.
Strength & Power:
- Athletes reported increased explosive power, speed and intensity.
- Increased Lean body mass and thermogenesis
- Faster, more complete recovery between weightlifting sets and following workouts.
- Less joint pain and tenderness.
- Some athelets reported reduced inflammation and the accelarated healing of injuries
- Improved flexibility with increased range of motion.
- Improved energy intensity and sustainability.
Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend ….Giving your body, from the cellular level upwards, the Essential Fatty Acids it needs for optimum performance.
What makes Udo’s Choice the UK’s Leading Certified Organic Nutritional Oil Blend?
- Delivers a reliable source of the Omega 3 and Omega 6 essential fatty acids that are essential to life – Udos Choice is a natural source of undamaged EFAs.
- Formulated in a 2:1:1 ratio of Omega 3: 6: 9 a combination most therapeutic for the Omega 3-deficient, Omega 6-rich diets, as well as ‘low’ and ‘no’ fat diets common today.
- Rich in lecithin – which provides the building materials for healthy cell membranes.
- Contains Vitamin E – this potent antioxidant is added to increase freshness and to act as a scavenger of free radical molecules in the body.
- A vegan/vegetarian source of EFAs
- Maximum freshness, stability and nutritional value – pressed at a temperature of less than 120F (50C) in the absence of light and oxygen. It is bottled in nitrogen-flushed amber glass bottles and packaged in a box to further eliminate the effects of light and oxygen.
- Stored in the fridge or freezer – to protect the nutritional value of the oil, which will become damaged by heat, light and oxygen.
Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend is award winning, endorsed by the Vegan Society and Certified Organic.
Udos Choice Ultimate Oil Blend is imported in cold storage, at 4C, put it straight into frozen storage and then bring it into cold storage again at our warehouse before shipping out. To ensure maximum freshness and nutritional value we ask that you also store your oil refrigerated before and after opening.
What are Essential Fats?
Scientists have given essential fats their name because the body must have them to survive, but cannot synthesise them from any other substance we eat so a direct food source is required. Hence the name essential.
There are many kinds of fats but only two kinds of essential fats, omega 3 and omega 6, both of which are unsaturated fats. Each EFA is turned into several derivatives by the body, provided enough undamaged omega 3 and omega 6 is supplied in the right ratio. All other fats, such as omega 9 (monounsaturated), omega 7 and saturated fat are non-essential as the body can produce them from sugars and starches.
“We need more of each essential fatty acid every day than any other essential nutrient. They are major nutrients that we use in tablespoon, not milligram, amounts.” Dr Udo Erasmus – the worlds leading expert on dietary fats.
Where do Essential Fats come from?
Omega 3 essential fatty acids come from flaxseeds and green leafy vegetables and Omega 6 essential fatty acids are found in seeds and nuts including sesame and sunflower seeds.
Udos Choice Ultimate Oil Blend Ingredients:
Flax seed oil, sunflower seed oil, sesame seed oil, coconut oil, evening primrose oil (13 mg gla/15ml), soy lecithin, rice bran and rice germ oils, oat bran and oat germ oils, tocotrienol.
The oils in this blend supply a range of fatty acids including 2:1:1 ratio of omega 3,6 and 9.